- Skoufaki, S. & Petrić, B. (2021). Exploring polysemy in the Academic Vocabulary List: A lexicographic approach. Journal of English for Academic Purposes 54, Advance online publication.
- Skoufaki, S. & Petrić, B. (2021). Academic vocabulary in an EAP course: Opportunities for incidental learning from printed teaching materials developed in-house. English for Specific Purposes 63, 71-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.esp.2021.03.002
- Skoufaki, S. (2020). Rhetorical Structure Theory and coherence break identification. Text & Talk 40(1), 99-124. https://doi.org/10.1515/text-2019-2050
- Kudos summary: Skoufaki, S. (2020). Examining the potential that a theory of coherence has for the identification of coherence errors.
- OASIS summary: Skoufaki, S. (2020). How well can a theory of coherence predict coherence errors in writing?
- Perez Urdaniz, R. & Skoufaki, S. (2019). Spanish-L1 EFL learners’ recognition knowledge of English academic vocabulary: the role of cognateness, word frequency and length. Applied Linguistics Review. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1515/applirev-2018-0109
- Kudos summary: Skoufaki, S. (2020). The role of lexical characteristics in Spanish EFL learners’ recognition of English academic words.
- OASIS summary: Skoufaki, S. (2020). How do word characteristics affect Spanish native speakers’ ability to recognize English academic words?
- Skoufaki, S. (2009). An exploratory application of Rhetorical Structure Theory to detect coherence errors in L2 English writing: possible implications for Automated Writing Evaluation software. International Journal of Computational Linguistics and Chinese Language Processing 14(2), 181-203.
- Skoufaki, S. (2008). Investigating the Source of Idiom Transparency Intuitions. Metaphor and Symbol 24(1), 20-41. https://doi.org/10.1080/10926480802568448
Hall, D., Markopoulos, T., Salamoura, A., & Skoufaki, S. (Eds.) (2003). CamLing 2003: Proceedings of the University of Cambridge First Postgraduate Conference in Language Research, 26 April 2003. Cambridge: Cambridge Institute of Language Research.
- Skoufaki, S. (in press). English academic vocabulary teaching and learning. In H. Mohebbi & C. Coombe (Eds.), Research questions in Language Education and Applied Linguistics: A Reference Guide. New York: Springer.
- Skoufaki, S. (2021). Guessing at the Meaning of Unknown L2 Idioms: Applied Cognitive Linguistic Perspectives. In I. Galantomos (Ed.), L2 figurative language teaching: theory and practice (pp. 166-180). Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Skoufaki, S. & Petrić, B. (2021). Academic vocabulary in an English for Academic Purposes course. In A. Botinis (Ed.), ExLing 2020. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference of Experimental Linguistics, Athens, Greece, 12-14 October 2020 (pp. 193-196). Athens: ExLing Society.
- Skoufaki, S. (2013). Devising a discourse error tagging system for an English learner corpus. In D. Wible & M. Y. Li (Eds.), Second Language Reading and Writing: Investigations into Chinese and English (pp. 66-93). Taoyuan: National Central University Press.
- Cheung, H., Chung, S.F., & Skoufaki, S. (2010). Indexing second language vocabulary in the Intermediate GEPT. In Proceedings of the Twelfth Academic Forum on English Language Testing in Asia (Language Testing in Asia: Continuity, Innovation and Synergy), March, 5-6, 2010 (pp.118-136). Taipei: Language Training and Testing Center.
- Huang, C.-R., Cheng, Cheung, H., Harada, Y., Hong, H., Skoufaki, S., & Chen, H. K.Y. (2010). English Learner Corpus: Global Perspectives with an Asian Focus. In T.-E. Kao & Y. Lin (Eds.), A New Look at Language Teaching and Testing: English as Subject and Vehicle (pp. 85-117). Taipei: Language Training and Testing Center.
- Skoufaki, S. (2009). Formulaic language and pauses in the speech of Taiwanese learners of English. In Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Applied Linguistics and Language Teaching (pp.190-202). Taipei: Crane.
- Skoufaki, S. (2008). Conceptual metaphoric meaning clues in two L2 idiom presentation methods. In F. Boers & S. Lindstromberg (Eds.), Cognitive linguistic approaches to teaching vocabulary and phraseology (pp.101-132). Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
- Skoufaki, S. (2005). Use of conceptual metaphors: A strategy for the guessing of an idiom’s meaning? In M. Mattheoudakis & A. Psaltou-Joycey (Eds.), Selected Papers on Theoretical and Applied Linguistics from the 16th International Symposium, April 11-13, 2003 (pp. 542-556). Thessaloniki: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- Skoufaki, S. (2003). Determinants of idiom-transparency intuitions. In D. Hall, T. Markopoulos, A. Salamoura, & S. Skoufaki (Eds.), CamLing 2003: Proceedings of the University of Cambridge First Postgraduate Conference in Language Research, 26 April 2003 (pp. 253-259). Cambridge: Cambridge Institute of Language Research.
- Skoufaki, S. (2017). Review of Academic Vocabulary in Learner Writing: From Extraction to Analysis. by Magali Paquot. NY/London: Continuum, 2010. Journal of English for Academic Purposes 30(1), 96-97. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeap.2017.10.004
- Skoufaki, S. (2007). Book notice of The Extent of the Literal: Metaphor, Polysemy and Theories of Concepts. by Marina Rakova. NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2003. Language 83(1), 227-8. https://doi.org/10.1353/lan.2007.0039